Peaches or nectarines add colour and sweetness to this summer time favourite.
Paleo friendly or can be vegetarian friendly by removing meat.
- 4-6 chicken thighs, butter flied
- 1/4 cup olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Masala (half for the marinade)
- 1 tsp dried herbs of thyme,
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Fresh sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4-5 peaches or nectarines, cut in half, pitted
- ½ cup crumbed goat feta
- 8 cups green leaves can be rocket, baby spinach, beetroot leaves
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons Evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper
Place chicken thighs in the marinade of crushed garlic, lemon juice, dried herbs of thyme & rosemary, olive oil and ½ of sherry or masala. Refrigerate overnight or least for 1 hour.
Remove from refrigerator and place in hot skittle. Coat with olive oil if not a nonstick version before placing in pan. Cook till meat is almost cooked through and lightly browned; add some of the liquid from the marinade with garlic pieces. Add sprigs of lemon thyme to pan. Splash with marsala or sherry and cook for five minutes on medium heat. Remove chicken from pan when the inside is just cooked, season with salt and pepper and place in covered bowl for at least 10 minutes.
Half peaches and remove pit. Place in oiled griddle pan and splash with the remaining marsala or sherry. Peaches should start to caramelize and turn brown with grill marks showing on the flesh side.
Toss green leaves in balsamic dressing and arrange on wide plate. Place peaches and chicken on bed of salad. Sprinkle broken feta pieces on peaches and serve.
Great for a hot summers night!